The best hardwood for dining table guide
Hello and welcome to our best hardwood for dining table article.
We all know that dining tables are one of the most essential pieces of furniture in any home. They are where we gather with family and friends to share meals, conversation, and laughter.
Hence buying a good dining table, especially a hardwood table, is important.
But how do we choose which type of hardwood table to choose?
What is the best hardwood for a dining table?
Well, for this article, we shall go through a few essential to consider, such as:
- unique grain
- styling of hardwood
- colour and appearance.
to try and get an answer.
So what wood is best for dining table’s in 2022?
Keeping the following things in mind when choosing suitable wood for your dining table could help you make the correct decision.
The first is the level of durability you need. If you have a large family or entertain often, you’ll want wood that can stand up to heavy use.
The second thing is the hardness of the wood. Hardwood tables have a different levels of hardness. If you want a tough table that is hard and robust, remember that some hardwoods are softer than others.
Thirdly, consider the look you’re going for. Different woods have different grain patterns and colourations that can affect the overall aesthetic of your dining room.
Fourthly, style and design. Some hardwood tables are available in many sizes, shapes and designs. Whilst others are usually used in specific shapes and styles only.
Fifthly, the natural hardwood colour. The beauty of hardwood is that they have stunning natural colours and tones that can’t be found in other types of wood. These beautiful colours are always unique and add character to a home.
And finally, think about your budget. Some woods are more expensive, so it’s crucial to find one that fits your needs and price range.
Ok, now it’s time to look at each hardwood with its individual features and benefits.
Hopefully, this way, we can conclude what wood is best for dining tables in 2022 for you!
The best hardwood for everyday dining tables
Ok, so now we’ve briefly been through a few features of hardwood tables; let’s have a closer look at each type.
The best budget hardwood for dining tables; Oak
Oak is a budget-friendly hardwood that is ideal for dining tables. It is a solid and durable wood that can withstand years of use.
Oak dining tables are also easy to care for and maintain, making them a low-maintenance option for busy households.
Additionally, oak has a natural beauty that adds warmth and character to any dining room. For all these reasons, oak is the best budget hardwood for dining tables.
- It can be relatively cheaper than other hardwood.
- Also lighter to work with, so easier to manipulate for design.
- Generally low maintenance. It can be easily applied with a lacquer or varnish for wood protection.
- Many top manufacturers use oak, so there are many different styles to choose from or get inspiration from.
- There are many sustainable sourced oak projects worldwide.
- Natural grains and tones.
- Cheaper option compared to other more expensive hardwoods.
What we think
All in all, oak is a solid and durable wood that can be stained to create various looks. It’s a classic choice for dining tables and will last for years with proper care.
The best robust hardwood for dining tables: Maple
There are many benefits to maple wood dining tables. They are solid and durable yet still look beautiful and elegant. They are easy to care for and always look great. Plus, they add a bit of warmth to any room.
Here are a few reasons maple is an excellent hardwood for dining tables.
- Maple is solid and durable, making it ideal for withstanding the wear and tear of everyday use.
- Secondly, it is effortless to clean and maintain, meaning that your dining table will always look its best.
- Maple is a popular hardwood choice among furniture makers, so you will have no trouble finding a style or inspiration that suits your taste.
- Natural dark reddish colour – ideal for traditional settings.
- Many manufacturers nowadays do stock budget maple hardwood available at reasonable prices.
Maple Dining Set
What we think
Whether you are after the wood to build your own table or want to buy a maple table, they are an excellent investment in both scenarios. They will last for years and can be passed down from generation to generation.
If you choose a traditional or contemporary style table, you can enjoy it for many years.
The best hardwood for tables for maintenance – Mango wood
Mango wood tables are a great option for hardwood furniture. The wood is solid and durable, making it perfect for heavy-use areas like the kitchen or dining room.
Mango wood is also stunning, with a rich grain that adds warmth and character to any space.
- Mango wood dining tables are straightforward to care for. A simple wipe with a damp cloth is all it takes to keep your table looking new.
- Mango wood is also resistant to scratches and scuffs, so you can enjoy your table for many years to come.
- Solid and durable, furniture from this wood can last generations.
- Natural beauty with many same pieces covered in different shades and tones
- Rich grain pattern and beautiful colours of mango wood, unique to each piece
- Perfect for families with children and the elderly
- Eco-friendly renewable source
What we think
Mango wood is solid and durable, making it an excellent choice for heavy-use furniture like dining tables. Mango wood pieces can range from light to dark colours, and each piece is unique.
It’s also resistant to water damage and rot, so it will last for years with proper care.
Mango wood is also eco-friendly since it’s a renewable resource.
The best dark hardwood for the dining table; Cherry wood
Cherry wood dining tables offer many benefits, making them a great choice for your home. They are durable, easy to care for and look beautiful.
- Cherry wood is a robust hardwood that is known for its durability.
- It is also resistant to scratches and wears, making it an excellent choice for families.
- Cherry wood dining tables are also easy to care for. A simple wipe with a damp cloth is all you need to keep them looking new.
- It is also a gorgeous wood with a rich, dark colour that can add elegance to any room.
- Eco projects to help source cherry woods in a sustainable way
What we think
In addition to their practical benefits, cherry wood dining tables also add a touch of elegance to your home. Their rich colour and grain add depth and character to any room.
Cherry wood dining tables are an investment that will last for years.
Other factors to consider to choose the best hardwood for a dining table
A few factors that are general with most hardwood and essential to know when making buying decisions:
A high-quality finish will help to protect your table from scratches and wear.
When it comes to hardwood dining tables, the quality of the finish is just as important as the wood itself. A high-quality finish will not only make your table look great, but it will also protect it from wear and tear.
You’ll also want to choose a finish that complements the wood grain of your table. A high gloss finish may look great on some woods, but it can make others look dull.
Your current dining decor
Here are a few things to keep in mind with your current decor:
1. The first is the overall style of your dining room, which will help you narrow down the type of hardwood you should look for.
If you have a more traditional home, then you may want to look for pieces that are also traditional in style.
However, if your home has a more modern feel, you can be more flexible with the type of hardwood you choose.
Size of table you want
When it comes to hardwood dining tables, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. The ideal size of a hardwood table depends on the size of your dining room and the number of people you typically have at your table.
If you have a small dining room, you’ll want to choose a smaller sized table. A round or oval-shaped table is also a good option for small spaces as it takes up less visual space than a rectangular or square table.
For larger dining rooms, you have more flexibility when choosing the ideal size of a hardwood dining table. If you often entertain large groups, you’ll want to select a larger-sized table that can comfortably seat everyone.
Shape of table
When it comes to hardwood dining tables, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. The ideal shape of your table will depend on the size and layout of your dining room. Then there also are your personal preferences!
A rectangular table is a classic choice for most dining rooms. It can seat many people and is versatile enough to be used for both formal and informal occasions.
Ultimately, the best way to determine the ideal shape for your hardwood dining table is to experiment with different options. Take measurements of your dining room and estimates how much space shapes and sizes will take until you find one that feels right for you.
Price and budget
Some hardwoods are more expensive than others, so it’s essential to find one that fits your budget.
If you are after purchasing a hardwood table or want to build one yourself, you should consider a few factors.
The first is the type of wood. Hardwoods like oak and maple will be more expensive than softer woods like pine.
The second factor is the size of the table. A larger table will obviously cost more than a smaller one.
Finally, shoppers should consider the features they want on their table. A simple table with few extras will cost less than a more elaborate one with built-in features like leaf extensions or storage drawers.
By keeping these factors in mind, shoppers can narrow their options and find the best price for their needs.
Lastly, you’ll want to choose a finish that is easy to clean and maintain. Some finishes require special cleaners or more frequent cleaning than others.
Wrapping it up
In conclusion, the best hardwood for a dining table is one that is both strong and durable. Maple, oak, and cherry are all excellent choices.
When choosing hardwood for your dining table, consider the table’s size and weight and the type of finish you want.
Hopefully, with this guide, you can make a better-informed decision!